Monday, April 20, 2009

Mosquito Technique :)

I haven't yet seen PolymerCafe Magazine with my article (it takes longer to get to Israel :) ), but i wanted to tell you some more about it.
It all started as an idea poped into my head, I was looking for something to help me create a thin but strong polymer clay piece/bead that will not break after the first fall of my hand. I knew clay, in general, does not handle breakage well, some items I had broke when they fell on the floor, so I thought i should look for something that can give the clay the stabilization and duration I was looking for.

If you want to know more about this "Mosquito Technique", how and why it is called that way - you are welcome to read the article :)

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, is it a net against mosquitoes used inside? :))) That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piece on the cover and the bracelet are so beautiful! I so love your work. You are very creative! How neat to come up with that idea. Congrats for being in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my PolymerCafe in the mail yesterday and loved the article. Here in Mississippi - where mosquitos are truly a menace - we use fiberglass screening material instead of metal. I can't wait to give this a try. I, too, have been looking for something to add strength without affecting the beauty of the item so your article was quite timely. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arlene, just make sure the screen can hold the oven temp!

    thank you! :)
    Iris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. polymer fabric or even silk could be used. I've been talking of this idea but i've no longer tried, but the folded shape i've already tried. It's already strong.
    What you did is marvellous indeed.
    I don't understand beads around folded shapes on the bracelet(???)...but it's a great work.
    May be i could read the article in the future.
    Bye bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too, live in Mississippi and want to congratulate you on your article, very nice! I love my PolymerCafe magazine! Good luck to you, I love your work.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation Iris. Unfortunatltely there is not PolymerCafe in Bulgaria, but I will check up your news and photos.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete