Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pile of crumbs all over your table and floor?


Did you ever try conditioning dry clay and got a pile of crumbs all over your table and floor?
Here is my solution to this mess!
I took a chocolate box and after it's content has vanished (I'm innocent!! ;) ) I used it for storing short canes and I figured that the lid can be used as a small tray under the pasta machine to catch all those crumbs falling from the dry clay conditioning.
This way you don't have to clean the table and floor, and the tray is helping us to collect the leftovers back into the clay sheet, every falling crumb or piece is waiting to be cleaned or back to the clay for further conditioning.
When you're done, all you have to do is take a baby wipe and clean the tray!

Watch my Youtube video demonstrating it! In the video you will find other conditioning tips i am using for old, dry and even fresh clay.

Now, get yourself some chocolate :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this video. The conditioning method of slicing up the block was just what I needed for a large, older block of translucent that I forgot about for a couple of months. Now it's ready to use, perfectly conditioned, and I didn't end up with the normal pile of crumbles everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that! there is nothing like polymer clay "brought back to life" and the easier it is, the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome things.Thanks for sharing this ........

    Havenlife@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete